Granite is one of the most popular materials for kitchen countertops. It’s elegant and durable, so it’s been the top choice for both business and residential applications. But lately, quartz has been making quite a stir. Does this mean granite is going out of style? Not a chance.
- Granite has a timeless beauty. It’s got natural texture and gentle hues, and an elegant look that surpasses just about every other material you could choose for your countertops. There are reasons granite has remained so popular for so long, and one of the main reasons is that it’s a truly stunning material.
- Trends come and go, and granite provides an adaptable backdrop. When you choose granite countertops, it’s easy to update the look of your kitchen around them. Switch out your cabinet faces, your hardware, and your accessories, and you’ll have a new look that still goes well with granite.
- Granite is unbelievably durable. It’s one of the hardest stones on earth, heat and scratch-resistant, which makes it a great choice for a busy kitchen. It sometimes requires sealing to keep it pristine, but today some granite options are so dense that sealing them isn’t necessary.
- A granite countertop offers a great return on your investment. Why? Because not only is it a classic look, but the granite countertops you install today will last decades without looking any less beautiful than they did when you installed them. While they’re an expensive option upfront, they’re actually a great long-term investment.
- Granite is a natural material. It’s 100 percent natural, and the colors and patterns in each slab of granite are unique. When you choose granite, you’ll have a variety of options from which to pick, and the piece you choose will be entirely yours, like a limited edition art piece.
The fact is, there’s room for more than one favorite countertop, and granite and quartz are each worthy contenders in their own right. They’re both high-end materials, attractive and durable, and available in a wide range of shades and patterns. Granite has a slight edge because it’s an all-natural product, quarried from the ground, while quartz is a composite of several different minerals. On the other hand, quartz typically requires less maintenance.
No matter which kind of counter top you choose, a beautiful counter top begins the right company sourcing and installing it. A well-established natural and engineered stone fabricator and installer, United Granite has been serving Virginia, Maryland, DC, and New Jersey for 22 years. Our 4 fabrication shops, 4 slab yards, and 1 showroom, as well as our extensive stone inventory, allow United Granite to produce the highest quality counter tops, with the most natural stone color selections combined with the shortest lead time in the industry. We’ve got locations in Chantilly, Alexandria, or Fredericksburg, Virginia; if you’re looking for professional service, quality workmanship, and the highest level of customer satisfaction possible, visit our website or email us for more information.