Are you planning to remodel your kitchen this year? Especially if you’re going to list your home for sale, it’s a great idea. A kitchen remodel yields one of the highest returns on investment of any home renovation, so the right tweaks to yours can help you get the best price when you sell your house. Whether you’re listing your home or just want to upgrade your kitchen to keep it current, the countertop is one kitchen component that makes a huge difference in the overall look of the room. What’s going to be big this year for countertops? Read on for some of the top countertop trends for 2021.
- Quartz, Soapstone, Granite, Marble are perennial favorites. Granite is beautiful, durable, and heat=resistant, as well as being fairly low-maintenance. Quartz is catching up with granite’s popularity, because it’s scratch, stain, and heat-resistant, and comes in a wide range of colors. Soapstone is easy to clean, attractive, and very versatile, and marble, while easier to stain and scratch than granite, adds an undeniable elegance and beauty to a kitchen.
- Veining can make a countertop a real showstopper. Whether it’s granite, marble, or quartz, the stark contrast of veining makes a major impression and is a nice shift from the busy granite patterns of recent years. Large ripples of veining are especially impactful, and choosing hardware that plays up the color of the veining can make a dramatic statement.
- Dark stone countertops can be stunning. Especially in small spaces, using dark stone on your counters can make a big impression.
- Mixed Materials can be a practical option. It’s been a trend in cabinetry for years, but now we’re seeing different types of countertops used in the same kitchen. You can choose different materials based on the function of the counter, using the more expensive materials as accent pieces.
- Honed finishes give a countertop a softer, more natural feel than polished. What’s more, a honed finish is elegant, doesn’t show fingerprints, and resists scratching and etching, making it great for high-traffic areas. If you’re someone who prefers a sense of history and patina over a pristine gloss, a honed finish may suit your aesthetic sensibilities.
A beautiful countertop begins the right company sourcing and installing it. A well-established natural and engineered stone fabricator and installer, United Granite has been serving Virginia, Maryland, DC, and New Jersey for 22 years. Our 4 fabrication shops, 4 slab yards, and 1 showroom, as well as our extensive stone inventory, allow United Granite to produce the highest quality countertops, with the most natural stone color selections combined with the shortest lead time in the industry. We’ve got locations in Chantilly, Alexandria, or Fredericksburg, Virginia; if you’re looking for professional service, quality workmanship, and the highest level of customer satisfaction possible, visit our website or email us for more information.