When you’re picking a countertop, there are many decisions that need to be made. You’ll want to choose a counter that fits your décor and suits your style, but you’ll also need to decide whether you want engineered or natural stone. If you’ve decided on stone, we’d like to recommend five great options.
- Granite is beautiful, durable, and versatile. It’s heat-resistant, chemical-resistant, scratch, and ding resistant: practically impervious to damage. Granite comes in many colors and while it is one of the higher-end countertops, it’s worth the cost.
- Marble has classic, timeless, beauty. It’s not as durable as granite, because it’s porous, making it vulnerable to stains, and it tends to chip and crack. The look of marble is what makes people choose it, even though it’s more prone to damage than granite. Using marble in your kitchen can definitely make the room shine, and marble can be shaped to make your kitchen design exactly the way you want it. It’s the most expensive countertop, but many buyers are willing to pay for its breathtaking elegance.
- Limestone creates a cozy feel in a kitchen. It’s a sedimentary stone, soft, porous and prone to stains, but it’s also very durable. Limestone’s primary appeal is its soothing appearance, and it can match it’s surroundings perfectly. It’s also in the lower to middle range of countertops in terms of cost.
- Quartz equals granite in terms of durability. It’s heat resistant, stain-resistant, and resistant to impact. What’s more, there are myriad design options for quartz, which is quite possibly the most colorful and versatile countertop stone. It’s slightly more expensive than granite.
- Silestone is similar to quartz, because it’s made of quartz. It’s non-porous, sturdy, resistant to scratches, and can be manufactured in more than 100 colors. It’s multi-textured and versatile, and its price range is varied, too, so there’s a Silestone for just about every budget.
No matter what kind of stone you choose for your countertops, you’ll find no better selection than the one at United Granite. A well-established natural and engineered stone fabricator and installer, Landmark Surfaces has been serving Virginia, Maryland, DC, and New Jersey for 22 years. Our 4 fabrication shops, 4 slab yards, and 1 showroom, as well as our extensive stone inventory, allow United Granite to produce the highest quality countertops, with the most natural stone color selections combined with the shortest lead time in the industry. We’ve got locations in Chantilly, Alexandria, or Fredericksburg, Virginia; if you’re looking for professional service, quality workmanship, and the highest level of customer satisfaction possible, visit our website or email us for more information.
Improving or repairing your home by yourself is a great pride, and you are one of the blessed people in Virginia. However,...