When you’re shopping for surfacing material, you have a wide variety of options. Do you want marble or granite, butcher block, or ceramic tile, or should you choose quartz? We have seven good reasons why quartz may be your best bet.
- Quartz is extremely durable. Quartz is engineered to be incredibly tough. It can take just about any kind of punishment without chipping, cracking, or peeling, and it’s resistant to stains, scratches, heat, and corrosion. Quartz is a synthetic material, made of 93 percent crushed quartz, with pigments and resins that make it strong and give it a uniform look.
- It’s an eco-conscious option. Quartz is manufactured in America, from materials that are abundant and easily accessed. Even so, some quartz manufacturers specialize in recycling and repurposing quartz, which makes it even more environmentally friendly and sustainable.
- Quartz is resistant to bacteria. Quartz is non-porous, which makes it easy to clean. It readily resists stains, but it also combats bacteria, viruses, mold, and similar growths. Cold, hot, gummy liquids, raw foods, and other substances that stick to countertops won’t be able to penetrate the surface of a quartz countertop. You can easily wipe them away and prepare your food directly on your quartz countertop surface.
- You’ll find a wide selection of quartz options. Quartz countertops come in a huge variety of styles, colors, and patterns. You can easily find one to suit your style, and there are varied options for edging and bevel styles for a beautifully finished look. Quartz can be used in vertical positions, and can even be fashioned to look so much like natural granite or marble it’s hard to tell the difference.
- Quartz won’t break the budget. The cost of quartz is comparable to granite, but quartz has a quality and durability that maintains its value throughout its lifespan.
- It’s a low-maintenance option. Not only do quartz countertops clean up easily with a swipe of a paper towel and soapy water, but they also require minimal maintenance. While quartz countertops shouldn’t be cleaned with chemicals, bleach, or harsh cleaners, they also don’t require resealing.
- Quartz countertops are consistent. Uniform and consistent in its colors and patterns, quartz can be used to create countertops that are smooth, consistent, and beautiful.
Once you’ve decided on a surfacing material, your choice for where to shop for it is an easy one. A well-established natural and engineered stone fabricator and installer, United Granite has been serving Virginia, Maryland, DC, and New Jersey for 22 years. Our 4 fabrication shops, 4 slab yards, and 1 showroom, as well as our extensive stone inventory, allow United Granite to produce the highest quality countertops, with the most natural stone color selections combined with the shortest lead time in the industry. We’ve got locations in Chantilly, Alexandria, or Fredericksburg, Virginia; if you’re looking for professional service, quality workmanship, and the highest level of customer satisfaction possible, visit our website or email us for more information.
Choosing a countertop for your newly remodeled kitchen or bathroom is a lot of fun. However, it’s a serious business....